As I start this blog today, I am already well on my way into my "Shapeup" journey. I have been on this journey for a little over a month now, February 18th was my exact starting date and so far I have seen amazing results!
I have been seeing a Nutrition doctor and she has given me the tools and confidence that I needed to make this journal successful. I get a Vitamin B-12 shot from her every 2 weeks and at every visit she measures my body composition (body weight, body fat, muscle mass, water, and BMI). I am very happy to report that in 1 month’s time I achieved the following amazing results:
1. I've lost 21.3 pounds
2. I've lost 2.1 % body fat
3. I've gained 2.1% muscle mass
4. I've lost 1.0% body water
5. I've lowered my BMI by 4 points
Let me tell you though, the B-12 shot and the advice she's given me have helped me immensely, but the shining star in this journey is still ME!
Some other things that have contributed to my recent success are:
1. I did not eat out for 30 days (no fast food, no sit down, no Starbucks, no TCBY, etc.)
2. I cooked every single breakfast, lunch, and dinner at home
3. Every meal I cooked at home was VERY healthy
4. I am limiting my calorie intake to around 1,200/day
5. I have not drank any soda
6. I have not eaten any candy or sweets or ice cream
7. I strive to go to the gym 7 days a week (I average about 5-6)
8. I try and consume 100g of protein a day
9. I try and drink 64+ ounces of water a day
10. I try to mix up my physical activity by hiking, tennis, walking, and trampolining
Regarding my "30 Day, Don't Eat Out Challenge" on day 31, I did go out to eat to celebrate my successes… and one would assume that I ran straight for the nearest Sonic and devoured my weakness "The Sonic Burger", right? Nope! As much as I LOVE the sonic burger I also LOVE salad! So my treat to myself was a delicious "Queensland Salad" at Outback, it was amazing to say the least.
I can tell that this first installment of my “Shapeup” journey will be filled with lists galore (What? I love lists!). I want to add one more list so I have it in writing and anytime I am feeling defeated or if I have a bad week I can refer to this list and remember the reasons for this lifestyle change.
Here are my goals:
1. I want to have a healthy pregnancy. Lord willing, I would like to carry a child for 9 months without backaches, aching feet, and no complications
2. I want to feel better about myself. I want to wear shorts again, I want to look cute in a bathing suit again, I want to shop at the mall again, I want to feel comfortable in my skin again.
3. I am attending my 10 year HS Reunion in June. Although I will not be the same size I was when I graduated (that will take a bit longer than 3 months) I will at least lose weight, get in better shape, and have more confidence.
4. I am going to be a bridesmaid in one of my best friend’s wedding in October. I would like to look good in the dress she picks out and she’s leaning towards a halter (eeks!)
5. My husband fell in love with me for the person I am and not how much I weigh. He insists that he loves me no matter what I weigh (and I believe him!) but I also think I owe it to him as a devoted wife and best friend, to look good and to gain more confidence.
Well, that’s all for now folks! I weigh myself every Thursday and I have my doctor’s appointments every other Thursday so I have a feeling that is when I will do my updating. Wish me luck!
Good Luck! But, I don't think you will need it, because there is a lot more to it than luck. You have what it takes to meet your goals. I am so proud of you for starting.
ReplyDeleteYou've been doing a great job and I'm very proud of you! You're also helping me get in shape, too, so not only are you getting yourself in shape, but you're getting a healthier husband as well. :) Should that be goal #7? Or is that just a bonus? ;)
ReplyDelete