Monday, July 13, 2009

Week 20

Well folks as of 07/09 I lost 52.4 pounds but unofficially I've lost 57. The problem I find is that I weigh with 3 different scales. My Dr's scale and the Wii Fit are very close, and the bathroom scale tends to be 1 - 2 pounds heavier. The numbers on my side bar are strictly bi-weekly update numbers from my doctor but weighing on the Wii Fit certainly keeps me in check in between visits.

1) Dr's scale (every 2 weeks)
2) Wii Fit Body Test (almost every day)
3) Bathroom Scale (whenever I feel like being disappointed)

I used to be very strict with when I weighed myself, I would practice absolute self control and only weigh once a week, right after I woke up, right after I went to the bathroom, and wearing no clothes. I've always read that you shouldn't weigh more than once a week anyway because your weight can fluctuate so much in a single day. However, since I'm working out every. single. day. and watching what I eat, if I gained a pound then I need to compensate the next day or ASAP.

Should I weigh every day? I don't know, but it works for me now. I also plan on weighing multiple times a week after I reach my goal and go into maintenance mode. I need to hold myself accountable for every pound and if I notice the scale going up again then I need to get myself in check. Not that I'm going to gain all my weight back in a week but I need to keep myself accountable.

In other news, I lost fat and gained muscle again. Of the 2.7 pounds I lost in the past 2 weeks, almost 2 whole pounds of it was pure fat. I'm still hovering around -9 BMI points but I know for CERTAIN that at my next appointment I will be down another point. My blood pressure seems to have stabilized at 100/60 where it's been for the past 6 weeks. I'm still down 4 pant sizes but I can tell I'm getting close to 5. Will definitely be in the next month.

2 comments:

  1. YEAH! Personally, I try to weigh myself as little as possible. But, we did discover the same thing with scales. Our bathroom scale was a couple pounds heavier than both the wii fit and the dr.'s. Strange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY strange! and frustrating...

    ReplyDelete