Monthly Update! I am just a few days into the 7th month on my Shapeup Journey, and this is week 30 to be exact. I had a very productive month and I've hit another milestone OFFICIALLY.
Total Weight Lost to date: 71.8 pounds
Weight lost since my last update: 8 pounds in 1 month
Total Body Fat Lost to date: 51.2 pounds
Total Body Water Lost to date: 9.5 liters
Total BMI Lost to date: 13
Blood Pressure: 90/58
On my last post I was striving to reach the -70 pound weight loss mark, now on the post I can see the -80 pounds weight loss mark on the horizon. I am still working out almost every day and playing softball every Wednesday night.
I started tracking my calories in a different way last week. Before I was keeping track of calories (-1,200), fat (-20), carbs (-200), and protein (+80) and I will be the first to admit I stopped tracking consistantly because it was getting to cumbersome. I always watched my calories but the other 3 was usually just a guess. Well, I started using the Weight Watchers point system last week and so far I love it. My sister has lost over 40 pounds using the WW point system religiously (insert: obsessively) since March, and to me it seems like a fool proof way to get your correct nutritional values in every day. I also have a really big problem with eating enough everyday so this ensures that I getting my caloric daily goals.
I am pretty scared for the next month in regards to weight loss. I have scheduled my gallbladder surgery for Friday, 09/25, and everything I've read says I will be out of commission for at least 2 weeks. It frightens me to know that I won't be able to be in the gym as often as now, and while I fully intend to let myself heal I can't imagine that I will stay out of the gym for very long. No, I don't plan on doing ab exersices but as soon as I'm able to walk I plan on at the very least using the treadmill. I can't let myself get out of the habit of the gym, not when I'm getting so close to my goal.
"The chains of habit are generally too small to be felt until they are too strong to be broken." Samuel Johnson
I love your quote! Very nice. I know it sucks having to be out of commission for a couple of weeks when you're on such a roll. Even if you can't make it to the gym, just going for walks around the block to get yourself some exercise will help both your body and mind. And then once it's over you'll be free to do what you need to do to reach your goal! Great job! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteI can understand you being worried. I feel bad when I don't get my workout in and two weeks could be a long time. But, hopefully you will be ready to walk pretty quick. Something is better than nothing.
ReplyDelete