I made a new recipe from my Weight Watchers cookbook recently and I thought it turned out really well. We had company over for dinner and they even asked if they could take some home. It was really filling, especially after adding the whole wheat penne, and overall an easy and delicious meal. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures though.
WW Italian Skillet Chicken
2 tsp olive oil
2 small onions, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk, sliced
3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips (I bought the Tyson strips, precooked)
1 (14 1/2 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp fresh chopped basil, or 1 tsp dried
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add the onions, carrot, and celery: cook stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 min. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occassionally, until opaque, about 5 min. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are blended and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 min.
TIP: whole wheat penne makes a nice accompaniment to this dish (2/3 c cooked penne for each serving will increase the points value by 2)
Per serving: (about 1 1/2 cups) 186 calories, 5g fat, 1g sat fat, 0g trans fat, 47 mg chol, 492 mg sod, 17g carbs, 4 g fiber, 20g protein, 71 mg calcium. POINTS VALUE: 3
No comments:
Post a Comment