tap, tap, tap... are you still there? Not sure if I have any readers left (I guess a 12 month hiatus will do that to a blog) but in case there are a couple of you still hanging around, I thought I may as well update this thing.
As you well know I had to jump ship from the weight loss boat this time last year. It was then that I found out I was expecting a little one. Well, that little one is here and getting to be not so little anymore. I have been hesitant to get back into the swing of things weight loss wise for the simple fact that I am breastfeeding. That can be a whole 'nother post on it's own but for simplicities sake: I haven't wanted to "diet" and jeopardize my breastmilk supply.
I did some research and found that the 2 safest ways to lose weight while nursing is 1. Weight Watchers or 2. Body For Life. I've followed the BFL program in the past and not looking for a repeat so WW is the winner.
I found that they were running a special right now and for the same price that 1 month of my vitamin B12 shot used to cost me, I can go to the meetings for 3 months. AND since I have aforementioned "little one" I discovered that they have special meeting times for "mommy and me" all over town. Score!
So, today is day 5. You get extra points if you're exclusively nursing (10) which is the category I fall into right now. Then you get extra points (5) if you're nursing AND supplementing with formula or solid food.
I've done really well so far eating my exact points every day. I'm excited to weigh in this week. My meeting day/time is Friday morning.
So, I'm looking forward to getting back in shape AND finally getting to my original goal weight. Also, here's to fitting into last years winter clothes in time for winter!
yay! i'm so happy you're going with WW. that's what i've been using for almost 2 years and its been fantastic. so easy to follow and the weight will just melt away :D good luck! i look forward to see how you do
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to reading about your continued journey. It has taken my over 5 years to get rid of the baby weight from my last baby :) And I am sure yours will go a lot faster than that.
ReplyDeleteGood for you, getting back to it and not waiting too long. That's not easy, especially with a baby and all the reasons you have not to push yourself right now. You'll be happy you did though.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE WW!!!!! The meetings are my favorite part because I always walk away WANTING to do better for myself and feeling good about my choices. I can't wait to go back after my baby!
ReplyDelete