Thursday, April 7, 2011

No Comment

I vaguely mentioned here that I struggled for a couple weeks. I was going out to eat a lot and even though I had no points left at the end of the day I'd still eat what I wanted after dinner. Oh, that's if I even tracked at all that day. I am not happy about it, but it is what it is, and I ended up gaining 7 pounds in 2 weeks.* Goes to show you how quickly your healthy lifestyle can be derailed if you let it.


I don't know what clicked in my brain, but last week I got back on track. I ended up not striving to eat my 7 extra points a day (49 total for the week) but instead would go over by 2-3 a day. I had weighed myself a couple times during the week so I knew my weight was heading in the right direction, but when I weighed in on Sunday you can imagine my surprise when I saw a whopping 8 (EIGHT!) pound weight loss that week. Granted, it was technically only 1 pound since I'd gained the 7 over the previous 2 weeks and technically it probably wasn't really 7 pounds that I'd gained over the previous 2 weeks as it was just crap (pardon my pun) sitting in my stomach.


Still, -8 pounds in 1 week. Hello Biggest Loser!


So, here it is Thursday and I'm sitting on a perfect week again. I have 37 extra points so far and I have 3 more days to use up a few of them. We've been walking more since the weather has been nice and that has been nice to enjoy the sunshine again. I have not been to the gym lately because I can't find my daughter's Daycare Gym Card but I need to get in there, pay the fine and have a new picture taken of her so I can go back.


*Feel free to leave mean, nasty comments about how in the world I allowed myself to gain 7 pounds in 2 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. No nasty comments from me. I'm impressed that you got right back on track! You are amazing and everytime I read your blog I'm more and more impressed with you! Keep up the HARD work, sometimes we need little bumps in our road to remind us why we are doing what we are doing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete