I thought I would share my current workout with all of you. Please keep in mind, that this changes about once a month, and sometimes more often if I hear a new song that I must add. For the most part I would say there are many genre's of music that keep me pumped for a workout.
Just last week I was walking on the indoor track at my gym, and I had no intention to run that day. "Gonna Make you Sweat" by C + C Music Factory came on and the next thing I knew I was off and running. I actually did my best lap during that song, less than 2 minutes which meant I was running between 5 and 6 mph. I have some rap, and I have some pop. I also recently discovered a lot of workout compilations. Basically, it's albums that have been remixed with popular songs to a fast workout tempo.
I have songs from the following workout compilation albums:
Carmen Electra's Ultimate Workout Mix, Vol. 1 and 2 Top 40 Hits Remixed
The Biggest Loser Workout Mix - Top 40 Hits, Vol. 1 and 2
The Biggest Loser Workout Mix - Modern Rock Hits
The Biggest Loser Workout Mix - Country Hits Remixed
Most of the albums are mixed with 60 minutes of non-stop music, so the songs flow seamlessly into each other with no breaks. This gives my DJ husband a break from mixing all of my songs together for me!
I recently added a lot of BEP (Black Eyed Peas), their newest album is LOADED with fast tracks and they definitely keep me going. No matter what new songs I add though I always put one song in particular first. This song starts me off on the right foot and makes me remember why I am putting myself through 6 grueling workout a week in the first place. It is definitely my inspiration song!
What song is your song"? I'd also like to see some of your playlist too! We should always be looking for new ideas, it keeps our workouts fresh
Proud - Heather Small (Biggest Loser theme)
Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolph
Gonna Make you Sweat - C + C Music Factory
Skake It - Metro Station
Electric City - BEP
So What - Pink
Just Dance - Lady Gaga
Sexyback -Justin
Womaizer - Britney
Ugly - Bubba Sparxx
Sugar - Flo Rida
Party All the Time - BEP
Don't Cha - PCD
Ooh Lawd - DJ Smurf
Pocket Full of Sunshine - Remix
Stop and Stare - Remix
Love Song - Remix
Love Stoned - Remix
No One - Remix
Stronger - Remix
Apologize - Remix
Big Girls Don't Cry - Remix
Gimme More - Remix
I don't Wanna be in Love - Remix
Break it Off - Remix
Need You Tonight - Remix (oldie but a goodie!)
4 Minutes - Remix
All Summer Long - Remix
Bleeding Love - Remix
I Like the Way - Remix
Sorry - Remix
Honky Tonk Badonkadonk - Remix
Better Life - Remix
All I Want to Do - Remix
Somebody Like You - Remix
First Time - Remix
Into The Night - Remix
My Humps - BEP
Ring-A-Ling - BEP
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado
Get into Something - Jen E
I Like to Move it Move it - Reel 2 Reel
Lose Control - Missy Elliot
Salt Shaker - Ying Yang Twins
Pump up the Jam - Technotronic (reminds me of my younger skating rink days!)
C'Mon 'n Ride the Train - Quad City DJ's
I Gotta Feeling - BEP
I'm a Slave For You -Britney
Rock That Body - BEP
Fergalicious - Fergie (I LOVE "I be up in the gym, just workin' on my fitness"!!!)
Something that I like to do is press pause when my workout is over. Believe it or not I do not work out for 4 hours and 7 minutes every day (total time of this playlist). This way instead of starting over at #1 for every workout I can hear all the songs every 2 or 3 days. Some days I do start out at "Proud" but after I hear that song and get my momentum up I will move further down the list.
I have spent hours combing the internet, googling "workout playlists", looking on Amazon for workout cd's, etc. What I found is that different songs, and different genre's motivate different people. I have yet to find someone's playlist that works for me and my workouts. This goes to show you that your workout playlist has to be your own. You can sample songs here and there and from others, but ultimately you have to listen to what will keep YOU going during YOUR workout.
"I look into the window of my mind. Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind. I step out of the ordinary, I can feel my soul ascending. I am on my way, Can't stop me now, And you can do the same." Heather Small
Most of the time i listen to my own trance mixes, but i also enjoy listening to mixes by Armin Van Buuren and other trance DJ's. I find they're great up-tempo music that is very conducive to running at a good pace. I'll take this as a challenge to make you a workout mix using non-trance music! muah! (using music you already own, of course)
ReplyDelete