Friday, December 10, 2010

Talk about a HIATUS!

I'm back. Well, I'm here. I never actually went anywhere just can't find the time to post a blog. 


My sister said something funny to me the other day. You see every week I tell her that I'm sure I gained weight and the other day when I told her that I was REALLY sure that I did this week she said "you say that every week, and every week you lose 1.5 pounds". It's funny, I even say it to the lady weighing me in "I had a bad week, so I probably gained". The funniest part?? In 13 weeks I have never once gained an ounce at my weigh ins. I told my husband today that I think it's just a defense mechanism. Like if I tell myself every week that I've gained weight, then when I actually do, I won't be so disappointed.


So, I haven't updated this since before Thanksgiving. I skipped the week of Thanksgiving and the following week I...


LOST 2.0 pounds - down 24.8 total on Weight Watchers


Then at todays weight in I was SURE I gained (I had my very first meal at Hash House A Go Go this past weekend. Enough Said. This week I...


LOST 1.6 pounds - down 26.4 total on Weight Watchers


So, that's -3.6 pounds in 3 weeks which is pretty amazing considering that includes Thanksgiving, a baby shower, and a post 1/2 marathon celebration for my sister and husband at Hash House. AND this was also the very first week of the new POINTS PLUS with Weight Watchers. Stay tuned for a post about my thoughts on the new program.


I'm a keep on keepin' on folks!

1 comment:

  1. One thing I notice is that you have one big meal (or a big meal that feels big, but isn't really as bad as you feel it is) and then you feel bad/guilty about it all week and that makes you decide that you had a bad week. Yet, you only had one big meal, and usually you've compensated for it, and usually you make healthy choices during that meal, anyway. So, it definitely sounds like a coping mechanism. Plus, we're always overly critical of ourselves, too.

    Anyway, you're doing great! You've been doing great every week. Keep up the great work! I'm very proud of you. Can't wait to celebrate at the Hash House with you after your big race next year! :)

    ReplyDelete