Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Ramblings


As I weighed in this past Friday I happened to overhear a conversation between the leader and another member. The same member that I had just introduced myself to a couple weeks prior. She seems really nice and she has a baby a couple of months younger than mine.

Their conversation went like this:

Leader: Congratulations!

Member: Ok

Leader: You're down 2 pounds!

Member: Oh, that's all?

Leader: That's all? Yes, 2 pounds is excellent!

Member: Well, I'd be disappointed if it was less than 2 pounds.

Now, mind you, at the same time all if this was happening I was weighing in simultaneously. Here's how my conversation went:

Leader 2: Please step on the scale.

Me: *silence*

Leader: Ok.

Me: *silence*

Leader: You're down .6 this week.

Me: Great! I'll take it.

Leader: *silence*

Me: I am nursing and have started increasing solids lately so I'm trying to find the right balance of points.

Leader: Do you have our nursing mothers pamphlet?

Me: Oh yes, thank you.

Now, it's at this point that the member/mom turns to me and says "I just introduced solid too! Now I'm only eating 7 extra points a day."

I said "I'm still eating the full 14, trying to keep eating 14 as long as I keep losing weight."

Why am I telling you all this?

It's interesting how our minds and bodies are so different. This nursing mother was disappointed with -2 pounds and I was estatic with -.6 pounds.

I notice my daughter gets frustrated while nursing if I don't eat enough so I've chosen to not decrease my points yet so long as I'm still losing. Albeit slowly.

This other mom must have no problems at all with decreasing her points and still nursing a non frustrated baby.

So, yes. I lost .6 pounds and I was perfectly happy with that. The fastest person will win the race but the slow and steady runner will cross the finish line eventually. I totally just made that up. :o)

Good luck with the Super Bowl snacking ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. If your baby is happy and you are happy then it is a win win no matter the numbers.

    ReplyDelete