Friday, June 3, 2011

Reality

As I previously mentioned I signed up for WW Meetings again. I have been stuck in a rut for a few months now and for some unknown reason going to meetings keeps me on track. I stopped going a couple months back and my weight loss has been anything but consistent ever since. I lost about 5 pounds total after many weeks of up and down, which is great, except before that I was losing 2 pounds a week with no gains, ever. Something had to give.

It can be downward spiral, weight loss, if you let it. You fall off the wagon one day and call that day a "waste". You try to get back on the wagon the next day but you're feeling fat and depressed so all you want to do is eat. You've not watched what you're eating for a few days, not the whole week is a waste. So, you eat more. 

It's about breaking the cycle. It's about if you eat a cupcake, don't follow it up with ice cream and a soda,  instead have a salad for dinner. Get back on the wagon immediately.

I read an article a few years back and it's always stuck with me. It said basically everything I'm saying here and I always think about that article but it's hard to practice it. Since I stopped going to meetings in the beginning of March, I've had good weeks and bad. Lose 2 pounds, gain 1 pound, lose 3 pound, gain 2 pounds. Like I said, I ended up losing almost exactly 5 pounds, but in over 2 months? It's just not the number that I was capable of.

As of my weigh in today, I have lost 101 pounds since starting my journey in February 2009. I am at my lowest weight since I started losing weight in February 2009 and I can see my goal in sight. My original goal was to lose 106 pounds but now that I'm 5 pounds away from that I have revised it to lose 126 pounds total. I am 25 pounds away from my ultimate goal weight. I had hoped to reach it before summer but basically having wasted the last 3 months has set me back a bit. I'm not going to put an exact date, but would like to get there before the end of the year.

So, expect Friday updates from me again. This blog really does help me. I have made some delicious food lately and I really would like to start sharing stuff again. I'm getting there. Baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. You look great!!!
    And good for you when you realize that more support is what you need. Sometimes we don't realize how much that support means.

    ReplyDelete