You see, since starting this blog, almost 2 years ago, I've never been specific with my actual weight. By checking out my pics to the side, it's easy to see that the actual number is not pretty. I've skirted around and hinted and even posted a jean size here and there and if you really really wanted to dig around in the archives you could probably get a general idea. But since nobody probably cares I can't see that happening. :)
Posting my actual numbers will be solely for me. You're never suppose to ask a woman her age or weight. It's a deeply guarded secret. Up until a year and a half ago my own husband never even knew my weight. THAT was hard, telling him, but on the other hand it held me accountable and actually saying it out-loud was a huge wake up call. Now, having lost over 70 pounds there are few people that know where I started and the number is tossed around all the time. It's getting easier and easier to say out-loud as I get closer to my goal.
So, I have about 30 more pounds to go before I reach my ultimate goal weight. If you're still around then, I promise, I will post my starting weight and ending weight. I need however many months it's going to take me to build up the courage to do so though. And I needed to post this blog today so I can put it out there to the blogoverse. No turning back now.
It s funny how much those numbers matter. Notice I didn't post them in my post today either. And our weigh-ins at school? With us and the nurse only. Every one else will only know the percentage lost. I am more comfortable telling you my pant size(s) than my weight. And the odd thing is that weight can be so variable between people because of build and muscle mass. But those are not easy numbers to say.
ReplyDeleteI don't think anyone except the doctors know my weight either. I mentioned to John, last week, about losing 10 pounds this summer and he asked me what I weighed. I took a deep breath and I told him. He didn't comment and we moved on and I lived. I don't think he ever knew either! :-)
ReplyDelete